c7000 – Enclosure Interlink
Today I was able to interlink my 3 HP c7000 blade chassis. I used the document listed below as guidance and here are some of my brief note/findings around this.
- Interlinking the HP c7000 blade chassis (BC) is simple as connecting a CAT5e or better network cable to the UP and DOWN interlinks ports on the back of your C7000.
- Keep in mind the BC at the top of the link (or last BC pointing down) will become the master.
- Per the document link below, HP recommends you interlink BC’s per rack vs. across multiple racks and the max BC’s to be interlinked is 7.
- The linked enclosures will enforce a common rack name on all the linked enclosures; however, the enclosure name will remain unique.
- Interlinking the c7000 chassis allowed me to have a one-stop web page for the BC’s. However, the BC’s are still unique in their settings, user accounts, etc.
Note: If you’re using local accounts then the account names and passwords for each BC need to match for single login to work.
Updated link on 09-20-2017 http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=1844065&docId=emr_na-c00698286&docLocale=en_US