In this new video series I’ll be testing serval NAS products with in my NAS test lab.
My plan is to setup a new 10GBe network with 2 x Windows 10 PCs w/10gbe NICs, Laptops, Cell Phones, VMware ESXi and various other devices to see how they perform with the different NAS devices. Additionally, I’ll be going over the NAS devices and their software options too. A big part of my Home Network is the use of PLEX. Seeing how these devices handle PLEX and their other built in apps should make for some interesting content.
It all starts with this blog and in this initial video I go over some of the parts I’ve assembled for my NAS development lab. As the series progresses I plan to enhance the lab and how the devices interact with it.
** Advisement **
- 07/30/21: I am just starting to work with these components and set them up. Everything tells me they should work together. However, I have not tested them together.
- Any products that I blog/vblog about may or may not work – YOU ultimately assume all risk
** PARTS Seen in this Video **
- 1x Synology 6 bay NAS DiskStation DS1621+ https://www.amazon.com/Synology-Bay-DiskStation-DS1621-Diskless/dp/B08HYQJJ62
- 2x Synology M.2 2280 NVMe SSD SNV3400 800GB https://www.amazon.com/Synology-2280-NVMe-SNV3400-800GB/dp/B08WLJYY76/
- 1x Synology 10Gb Ethernet Adapter 2 SFP+ Ports (E10G21-F2), Black https://www.amazon.com/Synology-Ethernet-Adapter-Ports-E10G21-F2/dp/B08WLJQYL2
- 10x Cable Matters 5-Pack Snagless Short Cat6A (SSTP, SFTP) Shielded Ethernet Cable in Black 7 ft https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HEM5FEI
- 2x ASUS XG-C100C 10G Network Adapter Pci-E X4 Card with Single RJ-45 Port https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072N84DG6/
- 1x MikroTik 9-Port Desktop Switch, 1 Gigabit Ethernet Port, 8 SFP+ 10Gbps Ports (CRS309-1G-8S+IN) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NFXN4SS/
- 8x FLYPROFiber 10GBase-T SFP+ to RJ45 for MikroTik https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FXBFZP8/
- 10x HP 684517-001 TWINAX SFP+ 10GBE 0.5M DAC Cable Assy 611980001 4N6H4-01 https://www.ebay.com/itm/264745339079?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
A few of you reached out and asked that I create a video that shows the SATA cage installed. The point of this video is to show what a Rosewell SATA cage looks like when installed Antec Sonata III 500, its over all noise levels, and its activity lights.
In this vblog I go over the Rosewill RSV-SATA-Cage-34 and some of its features. I plan to use it in a host where I have a RAID group for file storage.