Home Lab Generation 7: Migration to ALL Flash vSAN
In this video I review and show how I migrated my vSAN Hybrid deployment to All Flash vSAN.
- I cover some of my goals and reasons why I have made this investment
- Review the changes required
- Talk about how I Backed Up and Migration of my current data using the LOCKERSTOR 10 and Synology 1621+
- The way I decommission vSAN with only 3-nodes
- I then build a new vSAN Cluster and migrated the data.
- Wrapping it up I review Parts List and show how I built the new vSAN Cluster.
NOTE: This is a non-production and non-supported home lab. Products used in this environment are in no way intended for production systems.
See helpful links and additional photos below.
- More about NVMe Bifurcation Link
- SuperMicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JB
- SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 User Manual and Product Page
- SuperMicro X9 support for AOC-SLG2-2m2
- Sabrent Rocket NVMe
- Dual M.2 PCIe Adapter Card for NVMe/SATA SSD
Photos not in the video:
Post Migration Host (Much cleaner)