Over these past years I’ve collected a bunch of lanyards, buttons and stuff. Mainly I collected them as an end user, VMUG leader, and now as a VMware employee. At one point my car had a custom VM license plate. I hung on to all this stuff because I really liked it or wanted to remember good times. However everything was just starting to pile up and collect dust. This past weekend I made a choice to not box them up or toss them away but do something creative which included a power staple gun. Attached to this post is my creation, they went from being a dust pile to a work of art.
It’s pretty simple to make…
You need –
- One Rectangle Cork board (I found my at Wal-Mart)
- Power Staple Gun
- Enough lanyards to create a layout
- Start in the middle, place the first one on an angle, staple them to the back side, and cut off the excess
- Working out from the middle I used two straws as a spacer and placed the next lanyard on an angle. Make sure its square as any deviation will show
- From there repeat, adjust, staple, and cut
If you have a plate you want to mount, center it, and I just used push pins to hold it up
Enjoy and Good times!