Thank you to my friend Teed for the tip below on this great little program… VERY Cool!
This website looked cool so I bookmarked it a couple months ago. Haven’t gone through the website much yet but some of the pages have helped me with some AAA config on a switch awhile back. I liked to sound of (FREE) and 100 hands-on labs etc. using their GNS3 config.
The Free CCNA Workbook provides over 100 hands on labs utilizing GNS3 (Graphic Network Simulator v3) to provide you a realistic hands on CCNA training experience at configuring Cisco devices. GNS3 in and of its self is a GUI for the core application, known as dynamips. Dynamips in a nut shell is a Cisco Router hardware emulator that executes REAL Cisco IOS images and allows you to virtualize multiple routers on a single desktop for educational purposes. By utilizing GNS3 and the free CCNA labs provided to you absolutely free at Free CCNA workbook dot com; you can prepare you for the CCNA certification exam without investing any of your hard earned money into Cisco hardware.
What is GNS3 ?
GNS3 is a graphical network simulator that allows simulation of complex networks.
To allow complete simulations, GNS3 is strongly linked with:
- Dynamips, the core program that allows Cisco IOS emulation.
- Dynagen, a text-based front-end for Dynamips.
- Qemu, a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.
GNS3 is an excellent complementary tool to real labs for network engineers, administrators and people wanting to pass certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCIE, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIE.
It can also be used to experiment features of Cisco IOS, Juniper JunOS or to check configurations that need to be deployed later on real routers.
This project is an open source, a free program that may be used on multiple operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and MacOS X.
- The design of high quality and complex network topologies.
- Emulation of many Cisco IOS router platforms, IPS, PIX and ASA firewalls, JunOS.
- Simulation of simple Ethernet, ATM and Frame Relay switches.
- The connection of the simulated network to the real world!
- Packet capture using Wireshark.
Important notice: users have to provide their own IOS/IPS/PIX/ASA/JunOS to use with GNS3