One question I get a lot as a TAM is – “How can users of VMware products, such as vSAN, stay current with various service advisories?” One very simple way is to enable your my.vmware.com profile for product subscriptions. Product subscriptions allow you to choose products of interest and then you will receive emails around the various service advisories. It’s a very simple way to keep up to date and it only takes a few minutes to enable.
Here are the steps:
- Log on to your my.vmware.com portal account
- In the upper right-hand corner choose your name then click on profile
- After the profile page loads click on Subscriptions
- Under Product subscriptions, click edit
- You’ll find vSAN under ‘Datacenter & Cloud Infrastructure, simply choose it and/or other products, then click on save
- From there periodically, you’ll receive information and advisories around the products you select.
Sum it up: I have had these subscription services enabled for years now and I have only received valuable and timely information and not SPAM emails.
If you like my ‘no-nonsense’ blog articles that get straight to the point… then post a comment or let me know… Else, I’ll start writing boring blog content.